Everyone who posts bail has to have collateral just to make sure that the bail bondsman is going to be happy that it can be paid. That is something that people have to be careful about because bail bond collateral is sometimes the only thing that is going to get it paid. People could be going to a detention center or jail anywhere in the area, and they need to know that they can get out quickly.
Bail Is Set By The Judge
- Pay the full amount – The judge is going to set the bail, and that amount has to be paid in full by the office after someone is arrested.
- The 15% fee hires the bail bond office – That money is what helps pay their expenses, and that is the only fee the user has to pay.
- Hire an Attorney – Wait and ask an attorney to lower the amount. An attorney can ask to lower the amount that is owed at a hearing, and the lawyer can communicate this amount to the bail bond office. The bail bond office will make sure it gets sent in when they know they have bail bond collateral.
How does a Bail Bond in work?
- Pay 15% plus bail bond collateral. The 15% fee is paid to the bail bond office by the family of the arrested party, and then they will not have to worry about anything else.
- Bail bondsman pays all that is owed to the jail. The bail bond office will pay the full amount to the North Las Vegas Jail so that their client can get released knowing that they have the collateral.
- Released. The inmate is released when the bail has been paid. Go here for CCDC Inmate release times.
Types of collateral:
- Cash – Paying cash to the bail bond office is fast and easy.
- Land – Property is easy to use because it has a high value.
- Home – A home has a high value, and it will be easy to determine to value based on that.
- Car title – A car title has the value of a car right there in it.
- Jewelry – Jewelry can be sold if the bail is not paid back.
- Gold or Silver Coins – Gold and silver coins can be sold to traders pretty easily.
- Bank Account(s) – A bank account can have the money taken out of it if the bail is not paid back after someone gets out of a jail or detention center.
- Credit Card – Charges to a credit card can be completed easily.
- Firearms – Firearms are easy to sell for cash if the bail is not paid back.
- Pawn-able Items – Anything that can be pawned can be turned into cash.
- Any Item of value – Other valuable items can be used to obtain cash if the bail is not paid back.
The Court Date:
-The arrested has to show up to their court date
Arrested skips out on the court date:
- The bail bondsman has six months to get the accused back to court. They can bring them in, any time to get the money back.
- The full amount is lost after six months. The bail bondsman has to make sure that they can get the accused in court or they lose all the money.
- The accused will owe the full amount plus 15%. The accused has to pay more if they skip out on the court.
- Bail bondsman uses collateral to collect the cash. Anything can be sold to get the money back.
The Best Las Vegas Bail Bond Company
eBAIL is the best place to go when someone is in Las Vegas Jail or the Clark County Jail and needs to get bailed out.
-Marc Gabriel Makes It Easy
Marc Gabriel has made it easy to get a bail bondsman to help when someone wants to get out of jail.